Except: Just concluded RCCG Convention 2017, held in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Behold The Lamb of God as taught by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God International on Friday, June 9th.
Anchor Text: John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John the Baptist saw the Lord Jesus and saw the fulfillment of his purpose on earth, he saw the fulfillment of the promises made by the God of Israel, generations before him.
What then does the Lord want you and I to see and receive this season?
- Christ Jesus wants you and I to behold His stripes and claim our healing. 1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds, you have been healed.” Friends, our healing was settled over 2000 years ago, so, therefore, whatever is ailing us has been conquered. We just need to claim our healing and order the foreigner out of our body, emotions, life and all. Read Act 3:1-8, 9:33-39
- We are to behold the blood of the Lamb and claim our deliverance. Leviticus 17:11 says that “life of the flesh is in the blood” For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life. We were purchased by the precious blood of the Lamb of God – Jesus Christ, who takes away our sin and the consequence of it, He nailed it to the cross so you and I can live a life devoid of oppression, torment and so on. Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins. We are made alive by the blood to live a victorious life. Whatever wants to keep us down from walking in victory in all area of our life is encroaching where it does not belong. Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Plead the blood of Jesus against every and anything encroaching on your life and destiny!
- We are to behold His sweat and claim our success. As a result of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, the curse came into being. Genesis 3:17 To Adam, he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil, you will eat food from it all the days of your life. The Lamb of God, however, saved us from the curse, by His suffering and agony in prayer and ultimately His death. Luke 22:44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.
- Behold the Lamb and you will never be alone, lonely or forsaken. Christ suffered all that for you and me. Psalms 121:5 The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand; Matthew 26:56 But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.”Then all the disciples deserted him and fled. Read the whole of Matthew, special attention to 47-49, 69-75. Whatever level of betrayal, loneliness, and aloneness you are experiencing, note that Christ suffered it all for you and I so we would not suffer it again. He said in Hebrew 13:5 that He, Christ Jesus will never leave nor forsake us. What a comfort!
- Behold His resurrection and claim a new beginning. What is your story? What is the state of things in your life? There is provision for a change, a new beginning in Christ Jesus. Matthew 28: 1-6, 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. The Lamb rose from the dead to give us life and life abundantly. Therefore, the dead issues of your life can resurrect today if you have faith in the Lamb of God that take away the sin of the world. Read Mark 5
- Behold the Ascension and claim all His promises. John 16:7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. Read Act 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him, the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.
- Behold the Lamb and claim permanent victory without a fight. It was love that took Christ Jesus to the cross. Romans 8: 5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. 9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. Read Joshua 7:1-12. 1 Samuel 17:45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
Shalom! Shalom! Shalom!