Excerpt from the just concluded Festival of Life in Boston titled “Let The Fire Fall” by Pastor E. A. Adeboye, The General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Worldwide. March 23rd, 2018
Anchor Text: Exodus 3:1-5 and 10-11.
Moses was at the backside of the desert. He was a fugitive, running from Pharaoh, and has been running for 40years, he was lonely, and a failure who tried to rescue the children of Israel using his power but failed. He was as far removed from fulfilling his destinies as anyone could be. Then the fire fell and things changed dramatically. For someone reading this moment, in the name that is above every other name, the fire will fall upon you and you will experience a dramatic change.
- It does not matter where you are, God will locate you. Moses was located at the backside of the desert. It wasn’t in the church or city. Irrespective of where you are, when the fire falls on you, be rest assured God will locate you.
- Judges 6:11-23 Gideon was hiding from his enemies, yet God located him there and told him his time has come
- 1 Kings 19:9-11 Elisha was busy in his farm, while a conference was taking place between God and Elijah concerning him. You could be anywhere and God will still locate you. You could be in your office or washroom, and God will locate you
- Act 9:10-21 Saul of Tarsus was located where he was. God sent one of his prophet with detailed geographical instructions of how to locate Saul. God knows where you are, your address to detail. He will locate you
- 1 Samuel 1: 9-20 In the house of God, with the crowd at Shiloh, there was a woman praying, God so stationed the high Priest that day to locate this woman. He saw her praying and her mouth was moving but she made no sound. I decree whatever you request from the Most High God, you’ll get it in Jesus name
Prayer: Locate me Oh Lord this moment. In this crowd, Father locate me, you located Hannah, you located Saul of Tarsus, please locate me tonight. You located Gideon, and you located Moses at the backside of the desert, please locate me today
2. God gave Moses a singular miracle. It has not been heard before that a fire burned without the bush burning. God singled Moses out for a miracle. I believe once God locates you, he will be singled out for a miracle.
- Joshua 5:13-15 Joshua was leading Israel to the promise land when he encountered a wall standing on his path. An Angel came and said there will be a way – a pathway through. And there was a way. The wall fell down!
- 2 Kings 2:1-15 Elijah was about to be taken away by chariots of fire. There were a lot of the Sons of the Prophet aware of what was about to take place. Yet only Elisha got a miracle
- John 5:2-9 At the pool of Bethsaida, Jesus had the power to heal all, but it was only this man that was healed
Prayer: Father single me out for a miracle today in Jesus name. Something special, miraculous, a miracle of healing, deliverance, breakthroughs, Lord single me out tonight
- All of a sudden, God changed this man who has been a failure to a success. when God locates you and singles you out for a miracle, that miracle is likely to be a miracle of success.
- John 5:2-9 There were multitudes of sick people at the pool of Bethesda and God singled out just one man. The man God singled out for healing has failed for 38years
- Luke 5:1-7 Peter fished all night and caught nothing. Success is only measured by result. From now on your labor shall not be in vain
- Romans 9:15 I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy. It is not that we have not tried or we are not trying, success seems to elude us. However, when the fire falls, failure will be changed to success. A big miracle is all you need to succeed
- 2 Kings 4:1-7 The widow of the Sons of the Prophet in poverty was about to lose her children. Just one miracle paid off her debt and she lived on the remaining for the rest of her days in abundance
Prayer: Father, this very day, terminate failure in my life on permanent bases in Jesus mighty name.
4. Moses was a very lonely man.
- Exodus 3:11-12 When God is with you
- Exodus 12:30-37 A man lonely, at the backside of the desert became a leader of multitudes
- Matthew 8:1-3 A leper who came to Jesus to be made whole
- Mark 10:46-52 Bartemeaus cried unto Jesus, but the crowd shouted him down
Prayer: Father, in the mighty name of Jesus, terminate loneliness in my life.
5. When the fire burns, the hunted became the hunter.
- Exodus 12:33 Moses became a terror to Pharaoh. Those who have been chasing you will begin to run from you
- Judges 14:5-6 A Lion roared against Samson. The fire fell and Samson tore the Lion
- Judges 15:9-15 Samson was brought bound before his enemies but the fire fell and the ropes binding him fell off
- 2 Kings 9:1-15 A King sent soldiers to arrest Elijah. The third Captain seeing and making the calculations of the burned remains of the previous captain and the battalion wisely bowed. Your enemies will bow before you
Prayer: Turn me to a terror to my enemies and the kingdom of darkness.
6. The journey to the fulfillment of your destiny begins. Like Moses, God created you for a purpose.
- Jeremiah 1:4 -5 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations
- Jeremiah 29:11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. God has a destiny for you
- Luke 5:8-11 After God located Peter, he singled him out for a miracle. Jesus then went on to say, once I singled you out, no more separation. You shall become fishers of men. It was after the fire fell that Peter became fishers of men
Prayer: Father whatever it is you planned for my life, let it begin to find fulfillment from this day onward in Jesus name. Let your purpose for my life begin to find fulfillment.
7.When the fire burns for Moses, a new dawn began for him, his life was never the same. The moment the fire falls things will change.
- Daniel 3:1-13 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego went into the burning fire when these youth came out ….
- 2 Kings 2:1-15 Elisha was just one of the Sons of the Prophets until the fire fell
Prayer: Father let the fire fall for me today. Let a new dawn begin for me
If you want a new dawn, the best way is to surrender your life to Jesus Christ today. Tomorrow may be too late. Let Christ give you a new beginning.
Shalom! Shalom! Shalom!