Excerpt from Dr Jonathan Murphy’s Sermon on
Rebuilding Through The Word – Nehemiah 8:1-12
Here we are taken back to basics. As believers we need the essentials from the book of life, the word of God to survive and to rebuild.
6 Essentials To Survive As A Believer
1. Believers must gather as one before God. Our lives, families, society, and our world can only be rebuilt from the truth of God’s word. We must not forsake our gathering together like some do – Hebrews 10:25
2. Another essential is the need for God’s pulpit preaching Pastor. An expository preaching Pastor is required to rebuild the work of God in his people. The body of Christ need a slow cooking Pastor, cooked in the truth of the word of God
3. Believers must assemble and call for the book of the law of God. It means we should come expectant and demand to hear the truth from the book of God. We need to hold our Pastors accountable to bring forth the word of God. Enough of the merchandising, fables, and doctrines of man
4. As individuals, we must be attentive to the word of God. It is your responsibility to plough the soil of your heart to prepare to receive God’s truth. Your preparation will yield insight and transformation
5. You must then apply the word of God you have received in your life, which is your ministry. You must be doers of what you have heard from the word, only then can you be the Bible that the world will read and come to believe Christ is in your midst
In order to effect a positive change in the world believers have to swim against the current – the political correctness, Idolatry, and all sort in our society demanding our conformity. We cannot be like the world, to change the world. We are in the world but not of the world.