Mark 9:14 – 29 When they came to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd around them and the teachers of the law arguing with them. 15 As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him.
Jesus asked and responded as follows:
- “What are you arguing with them about” he asked – verse 16
- “You unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” verse 19
- “How long has he been like this?” – Verses 21
- “‘If you can’?” Said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes,” – Verse 23
- “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, ” I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” Verse 25
26 The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” 27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up. 28 After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, ” Why couldn’t we drive it out?”
- He replied, ” This kind can come out only by prayer.” Verse 29
Think about this friends:
How long have you been arguing with the issues of your life? You have been going back and forth, negotiating, compromising, and yet no solution in sight.
How long are you going to continue in this situation? How long are you willing to put up with the unbelief in your heart? The impossibility whispering in your ears! Why will you not take it to the Cross? Be determined to rise up!
Think about it! How long have you been like this? How long more are you willing to remain the same, going around in circle without remedy?
If you can conceive it in your heart, precipitated by love for God, love for others and love for yourself, it is attainable. Everything is possible for those that believe.
You then need to/ have to cast down everything that has raised itself up against the backdrop of the Word of God, the plan of heaven for your life, and your freedom in Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Stand upon The Word, I say again, stand – Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Shalom! Shalom! Shalom!